Advertising

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fairways, Apr 5, 2005.

1. fairways

fairways LawnSite Member

I am new to running my own lawn care business but have experience with the labor, what avenues have you guys had success with in advertising?

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi fairways,

If you are just starting out. Have you considered flyers and door hangers? Here is a collection for you.

3. boxoffire

boxoffire LawnSite Member

It's really hit or miss. I did some flyers once and got a few calls after putting out a few hundred. I have run ads in Sunday paper only for 4 straight Sundays for around $80 and have gotten more calls from that. Our city is growing and many surrounding city's close by may get the paper also. However one time during the Winter I didn't get a single call when I put an ad in the Sunday paper for Gutter Cleaning and Leaf Cleanups. I also ran my first yellow page listing this year with only my company name and phone # and have gotten a couple of calls this spring so far for that. I went to some buisnesses close to my home that really weren't looking for a "picture perfect" type turf which would probably be a bit intimidating for me being it's my first spring doing this, but instead just looking for somebody to cut their grass on a regular (3 times a month usually) basis. I struck out on probably 17 of them, but did land 3 of them. So going into a buisness is probably the way to go there. May be too late though now. Good luck.

Adam

4. jarroo's lawncare

jarroo's lawncare LawnSite Member

i have done door to door direct mail classifieds and passed out numerous flyers so far i have ten accounts and i am in my first year. I also mow in neighborhoods where senior citizens live and if I see a yard that is not being mowed regularly i take them a card and introduce myself and tell them a price. it has worked good so far and i might have another customer from it.