Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Shawninfl, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Shawninfl

Shawninfl LawnSite Member

We are gearing up for a major advertising spree over the next couple of weeks. we have --- pens, doorhangers, brochures, and flyers. Is there anything anyone suggests to further our efforts?
    We have a website and it is on everything we put out but how else do I get it out there so that people will go to it and we can get business with it as well.
  2. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to try those bulletin boards out on 95 and US1. The ones that have the letters and numbers they put up there for those who advertise. Nothing fancy, but I know I notice them all the time and read them. Call this number to find out more info and where all of the boards are placed, maybe it'll help: 281-0000.

Welcome. I'm not too far away from you. In Jax. Let me know if I can be any help to you.
  3. Shawninfl

Thank you. It really helps having someone else around the area. I appreciate all the advice you have given and will continue to head it well. We are all new to owning our own business and so it has been a rough couple of months. We hope though that with our quality and work ethic we will be ok by the end of summer!
  4. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Word of Mouth! Tell everyone you know!
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Do you have your truck lettered up with vinyl lettering? It's one of the first things we did when we went into business 8 years ago. I'm not saying people are going to approach you by your truck and want to hire you for services just because your truck is lettered, but get that name recognition thing going on.
  6. Shawninfl

Actually, we have large magnetic signs with our name, logo, and number on the sides.
  7. Crewcutlawncare

Crewcutlawncare LawnSite Member

Try advertising in the Yellowbook, and Yellowbook online! This works the best for us!
  8. Shawninfl

thanks every one for your input! It is appreciated.