Advertising

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by metro36, Nov 19, 2006.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

If any of you advertise in church bulletins how well does it work? I am looking to expand a little and I thought is would be a good way. Also how much does it cost. Any of you advertise in a local paper?

2. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i heard that the local paper will get you tons of calls..i havnet tried it yet tho..i just started this past year and actually just found that out not that long ago

3. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I would only go with the local community paper ... as you run the chance of getting calls from all over the area. In my case ... I only service the west suburbs of Indianapolis. I would only cross over into Indy for a large commercial property, where my travel time would be well worth it. There are plenty, and I mean plenty of ½ - 3 acre properties out here to keep me busy with little travel time.

Just my .02¢ of what works for me :weightlifter:

4. Robertsonslawnsinc

Robertsonslawnsinc LawnSite Member

here In FL
    I have found advertising in the the paper and the thrifty nickle things like that brings nothing but crap customers. think about it not sure if yall have the thrifty nickle but its a free paper .
    and who looks at the free paper? old 125year old woman who dont want to pay anything but 40bucks a month and wants to talk for a half ahour about the leaves on there yard

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Never print your ads in Free papers!!! Remember that advertisers are essentially selling space. What do you expect to find at the "homeless shelter" of advertising. These companies market to specific people. If you live in a $500,000 home you will probably never see a "Thrifty Nickle".

6. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

I made the mistake of advertising in a Catholic Church Bulletin. Man, never again! Tons of worthless calls from old cheapskates, who expect you to work for free.

7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Lots of calls from papers. However, tons of tire kickers!

8. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are the leads you'll get. Window shoppers love "free" stuff. Even papers.

9. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks

Sounds like these are bad ideas.

10. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

Waste of money