1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by T'S lawncare, Feb 18, 2007.

1. T'S lawncare

T'S lawncare LawnSite Member

if i learned one thing from this site, advertising is stressed the most. I'm planning on throwing some flyers out there and see what happens...and if i get gutsy enough i'll put a add in the paper. I don't want to have so many people that i would have to turn them down. but at the same time, i do want people...thats how we all make our money right!! Ahh so many choices.
  2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

You don't have to turn down anyone and walk away with nothing. You can get another company to give you comissions for these lawns. I have a tree company that pays me 10% of any job I get them. This is fast easy money. Take some business management courses to learn how to properly operate a successful business. I hope I don't sound mean I'm not. I've studied numerous avenues of this business and know what it takes to succeed. A high standard of Quality work, personal contact with customer, and organization.