Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DLAWNS, Apr 30, 2007.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I just started a lawn business in New Jersey. I've been doing this for 7 years. I'm at a point where i have approximately 30 lawns and about 12 fertilizer accounts,in addition to all of the clean-ups, mulch, etc. So I am being kept pretty busy, but I need more work, namely more lawn accounts. I've been too busy in the last few weeks to hand deliver fliers, like I did in the beginning of the season. Thins such as Valpak and other mailing companies are quite expensive and want you to sign up for numerous mailings. I'm kind of skeptical about signing up with these mailings. I'm just looking for other options. If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated.
  2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

offer a one time mowing on ur flyer, customers love to see ur work before they hire u full time. offer a one time cut for $30 or somehing, or whatever the goin rate is in ur area.
  3. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

If you do not have time to pass out flyers, just run an add in your local paper. Then when you get time, pass out more flyers.
  4. Gator Done

Gator Done LawnSite Member

last week I had a local newspaper insert 3500 fliers on the friday edition and got 20 plus calls. Only cost me about 320.00 .