advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by capetan, May 20, 2007.

1. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

what forms of advertising do you guys use?, i am just starting and need a cost effective way of getting the word out, so far i have been going door to door handing out flyers......

2. Free411

Free411 Banned
    from NY

3. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Most cost effective approach is a fully optimized website. It is the only media that will work for you 24/7 to the geographical area you want to work in!

Any time day or night our clients can find us on google or yahoo (front page) for landscaping, landscaper, holiday lighting, christmas lights all in Salem NH or Windham NH ... the two towns we most want to dominate.

:cool2:

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

wow nice, I do agree it helps.

Doesn't it thou, with as many times as you have the word landscape in there, attract more than a fair share of comedy? Maybe it's different on the Web, but in the real world I found smart advertising attracts smart customers (and I mean the wrong kind of smart).

5. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I always go with those free papers people get at the local grocery stores or even sometimes they mail the papers to them. Cheap I.M.O. Ad needs to be in the early spring, maybe for the fall cleanups you can try it.