Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Rolla91, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Rolla91

Rolla91 LawnSite Member

I'm fairly new to trying to mow lawns to make real money, I had mowed when I was younger for some spending cash, but now my plan is to hopefully be able to go into business myself and quit my job. I know that to be able to do that I will need a fairly large client base. I live in a city of around 15,000 people, so it isn't huge. What would be the best way to advertise?

2. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

This Question has been asked a thousand times. door hangers and flyers seem to work in alot of areas. Do a search on the subject and you will be surprised at all the threads that discuss this. Good Luck
  3. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Move to a different city
  4. Rolla91

Rolla91 LawnSite Member

I did a search, i understand there are door hangers and flyers, I was more looking for something "outside the box". And moving to a different city isn't an option.
  5. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Put an add in the paper. Do the cheapest one. You should get some jobs that way. Good luck
  6. Rolla91

Rolla91 LawnSite Member

I'm going to call about an add in the paper tomorrow.
  7. SkyLawncare

SkyLawncare LawnSite Member

Look into Guerrilla Marketing for some "outside the box" methods and strategies.

I prefer audio books on my mp3 so I can listen when I work. Who has time to read a book?