advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by enviouslawns, Jan 9, 2008.

1. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

my advertising hit today for lawn care already got 2 calls.

2. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Good job! In a couple of months you'll get bombarded! :)

3. enviouslawns

i hope your right about that, got about 3 months till landscaping and mowing season opens up.

4. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of advertising are you doing?
    That sounds good for this time of year.

5. enviouslawns

its set up like a newspaper but its just all ads for any and everything, good thing is im the only landscape company in there this time of year so im running every week from here till about may, and in march i got the cover for two weeks. ads are full color and you pick the size a quater page is 300 dollars and covers about 35,000 homes and businesses.

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I hope it works out good for you in the Spring. I'm looking forward to seeing how my advertising is going to work this year as well. Yellow pages, store benches, flyers, newspaper,door hangers as well as lettering for trucks, company shirts and so on.

7. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

what area do you advertise in right now.? I thought it was crazy to advertise around here this time i live in Shelby. I might throw some flyers out in Rochester possibly next week i have had them for a long time but idk how there gonna work now?

8. enviouslawns

i advertised in shelby/washington today gota few calls, but coupon are good for a while plus its still early. but if anythnig it gets the name out there.

9. Dhouse

Dhouse LawnSite Member

People were probably calling because it was 65 degrees outside and they thought it was spring. Its January!! Crazy weather . Good luck this year its going to be a battle with this economy.

10. enviouslawns

ya i hear ya with the econmy people are gonna be cutting grass for $10 a week if this keeps up. I went on one of my quotes just now quoted him 23 per week he said he was paying 17 last year but the guys mower was to big and he didnt like it, the guy was using a 32 or a 36 so he wanted me to use a 21 on it i told him i could even tho i really didnt wasnt to but its 7 dollars more. so he said that he would call me.. we'll see.