Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by brendon_5, May 16, 2009.

1. brendon_5

brendon_5 LawnSite Member

Just a quick question, I know there's not one specific BEST way to advertise, but I just wanna know in YOUR eyes, what's the best way for ADVERTISING that you've had the most success with.....?:weightlifter::cool2:
  2. Client Critic

Client Critic LawnSite Member

Well... it really depends on your market. If you live in a small town, then of course word of mouth and face to face marketing (flyers, knocking on doors, handing out biz cards).

Now if you are in a large market, then creating a group for your business on Facebook... Twitter is popular... gosh there are so many ways...

Sometimes an email marketing campaign works well, but is very expensive.

What have you tried so far?
  3. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

flyers&newspaper adds
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I found flyers to be too costly. your reaching 1 customer per flyer, in an entire day 2 guys can reach maybe 1000. while I make 700.00 a day from 2 guys...

making the cost VERY high.
  5. rnd

rnd LawnSite Member

Go to RNDSIGNS.COM to see hundreds of advertising methods and print layout ideas that work for lawn care company's from all over the U.S. Request a FREE marketing handbook.

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyone is going to have a dif opinion on this, heres mine.
    I no longer spend a penny on any newspapers.
    I do two direct mailings per year. One residential one commercial.
    The Direct Mail post card at the right time is the best way to advertise.
    Mailed out 15K this spring(residential), half on 4/8 and half on 4/15, total cost $4550. Still getting some laggards calling but for the most part about 200 calls.
    If I sign a new customer on a new Street my guys will blanket the block with door hangers the first time they cut the house.
    I am still in the phone book but it is just the name and number for people that saw the truck but couldn't read it fast enough. And even that money is coming to an end with Google and the Internet. I get calls from Internet people on a regular basis now. The phone book is dieing, I went to cancel my listing in the phone book and they cut my rate in half.
    Does anyone really read a newspaper anymore?
  7. greendave

greendave LawnSite Member

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member