Advertising

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Khowell0, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

Google Adwords. Kind of need a website for them though. I get calls weekly due to this. Also try Google Boost.

2. G780

G780 LawnSite Member

word of mouth and flyers is the best way to go when your starting out. I have also been a huge fan of tiny yard signs.

3. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

4. Khowell0

Khowell0 LawnSite Member

Do you use a company near you for the signs or a company online? Also, I'm guessing you have to ask the customer if it's alright with them to put the, in their yard?

5. Rake 'n Bake

Rake 'n Bake LawnSite Member

Tell them before you start the work that you're going to place a sign in their yard. It's win/win. You get the advertising and they know that if you're staking your name on it, you're going to want to do a nice job at their place.

6. G780

G780 LawnSite Member

Yea it works very well. Where do you guys all get your signs from? I need a new supplier

7. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

Download open office and open the files with that.

Debary FL lawn service

8. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Yellow Page ad.

9. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

going door to door sucks.. but works

10. GreenCloverlawnCare  LLC

GreenCloverlawnCare LLC LawnSite Member

I agree about door to door...Well, kinda: Flyers. Create a professional looking flyer and then spread those flyers until your feet want to fall off. I went door to door with flyers the first couple of weeks I was in business and got some accounts...but it was time intensive. I then started spreading flyers at the parking lots of the local mall, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, and various supermarkets around town and got a better volume of distribution. It's amazing how long people hold on to those flyers too. I had a stretch of three weeks where I was spreading flyers almost daily between mowing etc. I didn't hear a thing and was frustrated as hell. But then, seemingly out of nowhere, I got three calls in a week from people who received my flyer 3 to 5 weeks earlier...crazy. I wrote that only to tell you spread those flyers as much as possible and try to keep from getting frustrated when nobody calls...they will.