Advertising?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by SouthValleyLandscapeMaint, Jan 18, 2012.

1. SouthValleyLandscapeMaint

SouthValleyLandscapeMaint LawnSite Member

I am just curious which advertising tactics work best in your areas? Trying to come up with new ideas for spring!

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

My best response has come from direct mail postcards. I'm gunna give door hangers a try this year too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JBlawn

JBlawn LawnSite Member
    from ohio

internet advertising is becoming better and better.

4. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

i agree there

5. SouthValleyLandscapeMaint

SouthValleyLandscapeMaint LawnSite Member

what kind of internet advertising?

6. jdutcher003

jdutcher003 LawnSite Member

get a website. You can make one or have someone make one for you and then it can be hosted for only a few bucks a month after they are made.

7. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a myspace account? You can use that as a platform for posting ads for free with pictures.

I use kajiji, Craigs list and if you search for "free advertising sites" or "free landscape advertising" you're bound to find a couple hundred more places to advertise.

Keep a list of sites you are on along with password etc. and have a file set up in your e-mail account where you can put all of the advertising sites messages for activating and editing accounts. If you go back to the site and edit every couple of days (or daily) you can keep your ad higher in the rankings for the site.

The other thing I use is more than one e-mail company (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) for advertising. You can post multiple ads on some sites if it doesn't register an isp for reference in their data bank. Most of the time they use the e-mail address only.

My company also has a flashy website and I blog which also brings in clients.

I have a facebook page for the company. Go for free instead of going for broke!

8. Panhead

Panhead LawnSite Member

Stay away from SuperMedia, its a joke...

9. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

i agree 100% with u there

10. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Our customers agree that direct mail & door hangers are really great methods of advertising in your industry. We have a couple of really cool ad-on products that can really increase your ROI in this area. I'm talking about Band-It and Stick-It. Band-It keeps your door hanger on the door so it won't blow off & Stick allows your prospect to stick it right to their fridge for quick access to your information. You've really got to check it out if you haven't seen our revolutionary products before. We do direct mail also & have great specials going on right now! :) Please take a look:

http://www.adeasprinting.com/Door-Hangers

Robin Christopherson
    A'DEAS Printing
    Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
    www.AdeasPrinting.com
    robin@adeasprinting.com
    (316) 269-2494 ext. 200
    (866) 251-3181 fax
    719 S. St. Francis
    Wichita, KS 67211