advertising ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by fblandscape, Jan 9, 2003.

1. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Does anybody here advertise through caterers or MC's? I have been thinking over the past couple of years to create a simple, yet detailed pamphlet for MC's and caterers to hand to people that they work for. I realize that most of the work would be a one time thing... but I also think that it would pay well, due to the need for perfection. Some of the services I would think to advertise are: iron chelate apps, aeration after the party, planting annuals, trimming shrubs, mulching, etc.

What do you all think?

2. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

fblandscape quote
    "I realize that most of the work would be a one time thing... but I also think that it would pay well,"

Think about what you just said! You might not even ever make the money back that you put into the advertising. :dizzy:

3. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I think that for the money put into advertising... it would be WELL worth it. From the caterers I know, coupled with stories I have heard... throwing parties is not a small deal, planning wise, or money wise. Obviously I am not talking about people who just want a 6' wedge. I am referring to people who are going to be spending $10,000 + on a party...

4. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

well if you can find the people throwing those parties. hell yeah go for it.

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

It works! Partnering with other service providers is a great way to develop your business. If the caterers you are referring to work for upscale clients on a regular basis, and you do as well, it only makes sense to form a "back scratching" opportunity.

They also perform regular functions for commercial clients as well. In other words, thinking outside the box on this one is a good thing. Don't just try and work with other contractors. Think of the profile of your client- who are they, where do they eat, where do they go to church, where do they get their car washed, etc...?

Another great one.... dry cleaners. A lot of great prospects there as well!