advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnsRUsInc., Jan 22, 2003.

1. freepoint15

freepoint15 LawnSite Member

We use doorhangers-about $80/1000.That way we can target specific neighborhoods trying to cluster as many yards as close together as possible.They are much easier to distribute than flyers.We will be walking neighborhoods in 2 weeks-this method has been great for us.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

referral discounts to current customers. From all the customers usualy get about a 60% response rate from it. It works great!!!

3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I had some signs made that I can stick in my customers lawns when I'm finished with my work. You might want to ask to customer first before you do that. Also when I'm at a customers house and I see the neighbor I will walk over and introduse myself to them and tell them my name and what I have to offer. I try to do that real fast. I do irrigation service work and that has helped me out alot. The signs will run about $60.00.

4. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

We build patios at the popular local hand car washes. Then we post a simple subtle sign. We get a ton of business.
    BTW: we only do pavers and walls no softscaping.

Peace,

Rex

5. keith826

keith826 LawnSite Member

Flyers and Postcards . Remember it is never to early to start your advertising. Be the first one in your area to send out Flyers or Postcards and they may be impressed. Works here.

6. Barry D

Barry D LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

LawnsRUsInc:
    Can you send me a copy of your post card? I would like to know which one works for you. I am thinking about purchasing some post cards. Post cards looks professional.

7. Barry D

Barry D LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Sorry, keith826:
    Can you send me a copy of your post card?