Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy, Nov 6, 2000.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering besides word of mouth what was the best advertising strategies that others had found?
  2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

There has been many posts on this but we use Yellow Pages, resuraunt place mats adds, door hangers also set up with property and condo assocations and adds in local fliers and magazines. Letter your truck and trailer up and thats good exposure.
  3. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I have been told by my insurance that by putting lettering on my truck, your bill will triple, have you had the same experience?
  4. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

What? Your business will quadruple so you come out ahead!
    Need to check on Bus. Vehicle ins. anyway, shouldn't be much more
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Some times I'll do cold calling on a new building or business early in the year. Their not even thinking about lawn care at the time. A lot times if you go to them first, you save them the trouble of finding someone, and you'll be awarded the contract.
  6. SpringValley

SpringValley LawnSite Member

Yes, my truck insurance tripled when I went to commercial coverage. BUT, my agent told me that if I was in an accident with my magnetic signs on and doing business with a personal type insurance plan, the insurance company has the right to deny my claim. With all the sue happy people in this world you better have commercial insurance on your vehicle. Do you have a commericial liability policy? Is your equipment insured? IF so you typically get a break by placing your truck with the same company. IF you don't have insurance then you are not much better than the scrubs that Stone likes to pick on so much.

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Ihave liability good medical anda large
    life insurance policy.I have a nice little
    piece of paper that says im authorised
    to use pesticides.If i didnt i would
    certainly be taking a chance but why
    since i would be the loser for not having
    these would that make me a scrub.Dumb
    mabe but why the labels.
  8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Sign on the truck or not, you run a business without a commercial policy when the accident happens the ins co will leave you hanging on the line to dry.

Back when I switched from private to commercial policy my rates actually dropped for the same coverage.