1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

For you that run ads in newspapers, how long do you run them for? 1 2 3 weeks or longer? Thanks for your advice it is greatly appreciated.
  2. cst51

cst51 LawnSite Member

In the past I have ran mine for 3 months- (March-May). I am trying to decide whether to run it all year this year-(March-August).
  3. 1st impressions

1st impressions LawnSite Member

In the past I ran my ad for 4-6 weeks starting in the middle of March(assuming no snow on the ground) until
    the middle or end of April.
    I just found it difficult to move the schedule around to
    add new clients once I had the route set.
    This year I want to really expand so I will probably run the ad for 2-3 months. This will let me pick up the accounts from those people who are not happy with their
    current company.
    adding new clients once the routes were set
  4. Stay with classified ads for 60 days in spring you will usually get the best rate on a monthly basis.

Start off with the word affordable and be one of the top listings.

Only advertise in the biggest daily newspaper in your area. Stay away from local weekly social rags with 2k circulation.
  5. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking about doing this for the first time this year, too. Does anyone have examples of what they say in their newspaper ads we can look at? I'm looking to try and set mine apart from the half dozen other "will mow, trim, prune, & haul. Call now," ads in the local...

6. Affordable lawn renovations, core aeration, thatch removal, overseeding, fertilization & weed control programs, seasonal lawn mowing, licensed and
    insured email addy phone number website url.

We run our ads in march ,and april . and still have people calling all summer!! It seems alot of seniors save papers.