advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by brbsta, Mar 8, 2005.

1. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

Just saw the first flyer in my mailbox and firgured it was time to start thinking about advertising myself. So i have a few questions. First last year I advertised by puting flyers witha rubber band on the mailbox flag. This year I really don't want to do that. So first of all do you guys really see that doorhangers pay off. Might be jsut me but it seems that i never really go the the front door and look for a door hanger. Next if I wanted to mail them, where would I get a list of addresses, or how would i do that.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

a lot of times you can join local chambers for mailing lists, or their are online mailing lists as well for potential customers.

make sure not to do the mailbox thing again though, you can get into some serious trouble for that. Also check to see whether you need a permit for hanging up fliers or doing door hangers

3. Classic Lawn

Classic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ya thats what i did went to the post office to see about the mail box thing its illegal to put anything on the box itself but u can put on the post is what they said. this sucks have 800 fliers have to go door to door to had them out and like u said most people dont use thier front door what to do.

4. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

So you can put it outside the box. I really still think that is the best way to go. Cause some people don;t even use there front doors. Then mailing them will cost a ton. And i know if there something on a persons mail box most the time they will always unwrap it and take a lok, what it is, atleast i always do. Looks like I have to go print some flyers up.

5. Classic Lawn

Classic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

no u cant u can put it on the post if they have a hanger but u cant touch the mail box.

6. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

Yea it might not be legal but i know i get TONS of stuff always on the mailbox. I still don't know...

7. tiedeman

from earth

wait a sec, you know that it's illegal, a federal offense, up to 15 years in prison, yet you still want to do it?

8. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

lol, ummm, yea. I don't know really. I just looked in how much mailing lists were online, and its alot. I would do the door hangers but I don't know how much feedback I will get with them. Maybe Ill try them out this year. If I don't get much from them i'll do it different next year. Guess its time to open Photoshop and start designing.

9. tiedeman

from earth

are you looking for commerical or residential accounts?

10. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

Well, I actaully have tons or commerical accounts right now, and I would be targeting residential accounts but im always looking for both,