advertisment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfjunkey, Feb 16, 2002.

1. turfjunkey

turfjunkey LawnSite Member

what is the best source of advertisment you have foundalso what is the most accurate way you have found to give an estimate.:blob2:

2. The best return on advertising for me is direct mail to my customer list.

To get new customers in a specific area: Flyers

Most accurate way to estimate-learn from experience how long it takes you & your equipment to do a job.

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Residential ( door hangers & see us at homes in there neighborhood)

Commercial (phone call and set up a meeting with property manager)

Phone book (yellow pages) been helpful!

We have our shop on the most traveled road in our state! Big response at our location.

4. klc

klc LawnSite Member
    from iowa

i have found the best advertising is your work
    the job you do is all you need

5. Flyers with estimates in them

6. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

In this area word of mouth seems to work the best. Put cards and flyers in the local restaraunts. Hope this helps

7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

If there was a best way to advertise everyone would use the same way. Fact is that your name has to be paraded in front of the prospective customers face about 7 times before they ever remember it. Word of mouth works but has to be the slowest. Is your name and number on the truck? We get calls from Yellow Pg. but a lot of the time its last min 1 timers and price shoppers. Small local papers work for us. We built a couple of bus benches with logo and placed in front of a few local businesses(free). We are trying direct mail this year in neighborhoods we want to work in. Pick an advertizing budget and diversify. Just like you would investing.

Mark

8. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had a lot of success having my flyer inserted into various newspapers. I always get a good responce. There is more room to put what you want on the insert than on a regular page ad. Sometimes inserts can be less money than a medium sized page ad. It saves money and gives better results than newspaper ads in my opinion. It also saves time passing out flyers.