Advertisng mulch blower

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Red Wagon, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Red Wagon

Red Wagon LawnSite Member

Does anybody have any successful tips for advertising their bark blowing services to residential customers?

2. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

i wouldn't advertise that you are blowing bark. Just say installing. Around here there aren't that many people that like the mulch blowin in. Can sometimes look cheaply done.

3. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Just out of curiousity, if you blow it in then rake it all level, can you even tell is blown? I would advertise more to commercial accounts getting several yards. You would be able to give them a greater savings. Maybe be a little more appealing to them.

4. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

how much do they cost?? the mulch blower that is

5. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

the whole truck? about $250,000 in this area

6. B & B Yardscape

B & B Yardscape LawnSite Member

I was just looking at your web page about bark application. The last sentance on it says it all.

Send out a flyer in an envelope to every landscape company in the phone book. Tell them your prices. Give discounts for large orders. Make it worth their trouble to hire you to do it instead of thier crew.

Give them a referal bonus if they give you a name and address of an account that hires you. Customer call "Smith landscape said I should call you to install mulch in my beds." Smith landscape gets a check for $XX.xx. FYI, don't try to steal the other landscaping the customer might need.

FYI, the logo for your business is Great.

7. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We have had a lot of success with out local mulch supplier. He pushes the heck out f our company because we are the only ones in the area. We get a lot of work off of him since everyone goes there for mulch, thats all they do. A large outfit.

turbo5560: you must not have much experience with blown in mulch. It never looks cheaply done, and the finished product is superior to hand installed. That is unless your a totally inexperienced operator.

8. MULCHBLOWER

MULCHBLOWER LawnSite Member

I am new to this site but just to put my service out there
    i own two bark blowers and that reply about blown mulch not looking as good as hand.HOG WASH
    For more info just ask the mulch blower express of pa.