Advertiving at local sports facilitys

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone ever do any andvertising at sports areas? really envoled in youth hockey in my area and was throwing around the idea of advertising on the boards of some of the local rinks. It seems like it would hit the target market pretty well and it would get great exposure.
  2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

A very established LCO here has adds on both our city's High School stadium score board and the city's board 4 miles south of us. I cant say his returns, but they keep growing.
  3. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Loyalty tends to be very high in these areas. If the price is right they tend to work well.
  4. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I am involved with the Youth Athletic Association in my town (I coach basketball) the Association has hired me to maintain the fertilizer needs on the baseball fields (5 fields). I give them a good price for my service, they throw in free signs for me on the outfield fences.

Can't say it has generated work for me, but I get positive feed back from the community.

Even had a friend from many years back give me a call. He was at the fields during a tournament that involved teams from all over the state. He saw my sign, gave me a call. I hadn't seen him in about 15 years!
    was pretty cool!
  5. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I did a 3x5 sign on the homerun fence for little league for 2 years. Didn't get to much out of it though. The town had a hard time keeping the punks from vandelizing the signs though. I wouldn't do it again.