Advertizing Methods

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MIDDLESEX LANDSCAPE CO., May 1, 2008.

1. MIDDLESEX LANDSCAPE CO.

MIDDLESEX LANDSCAPE CO. LawnSite Member

how do we all advertize cost effectivly, I pass out flyers but watch out for the post office they takem them out of the boxes and threaten to fine you 300 a flyer, how are you all getting the company name out there

2. DiGGz

DiGGz LawnSite Member

I have done flyers, adds, news letters, sponsorships, BIG post cards.....all yeilded little or no results. This year I had a VERY nice flyer made up listing the services preformed and left an area to hand write in a price for the job. Wedged the flyer behind the mailbox flag and off to the next one. It was a little time consuming but I got more calls than ever before.

3. iMOW LAWNCARE

iMOW LAWNCARE LawnSite Member

it is a federal crime to put anything in anybodies mail box. Make some nice door flyers and go door to door. Become a door to door salesman selling your service. It sucks, but its a cheap and effective way. This is my first year, and its working.

4. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I doubled my client base this year, half with a newspaper ad and half with mailers. Money well spent to me,

5. iMOW LAWNCARE

iMOW LAWNCARE LawnSite Member

how did you do the mailers? Did a company do it for you? What was cost? thanks, that sounds like a good idea.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

craigslist is free, as is word of mouth.

Everything else isn't lol