1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

advertsing Idea what do you think

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CuttersEdgeks, Sep 12, 2007.

1. CuttersEdgeks

CuttersEdgeks LawnSite Member

I am looking at a 16' enclosed trailer and was thinking of renting space along the sides for advertising. selling them in 4' sections. I would run a banner along the top with my info aswell as putting it on my truck. would put full size decal like the do on the cars and semi trucks. Have a couple companies interested. what do you think?

also my daighter and her friend are looking to make some money and said they would put fliers on the doors for $7 hr. would that look to unprofessional having kids do it?
  2. vermonta

vermonta LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Sounds like an interesting idea. What would you charge? On the fliers, I guess it would depend on how old the "kids" were and as far as looking unprofessional I would say if they have a company tshirt on, assuming you have some it might look very professional IMHO
  3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

put your own ads on your own equipment, it will look like you are a cheap sell out of a billboard
  4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Kids passing out fliers, IMO it is great because it shows that some kids are will to do what ever it takes to EARN some money rather than sittng around all day
  5. CuttersEdgeks

CuttersEdgeks LawnSite Member

my daughter is 11 and in fifth grade company shirt would be worn. I was thinking 500-600 a year to start plus the cost of the decal. Mmy nieghbor makes decals so I would get a discounted price. giv e a company a chance to advertise for 50 a month.
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I might, if the companies were to get interested, plaster small sponsor like stickers on my truck to reflect all the high performance parts that go into my stuff, make it look like a Nascar lol.

But that's about it, under no circumstances would I advertise for another company on my stuff, sponsors are fine but...

7. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Renting out ad space on a trailer... I like your innovative thinking!
  8. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Exactly. Ask yourself if you want to promote your company and its image, or if you want to be mistaken for a NASCAR racing affiliate. My trailer is an open utility 5 x 8 with a 2 x 5 sign on the gate. I get several calls a month from that sign! If you plaster your trailer with advertising from other companies, do you really think prospects will focus on "your" business? If you want to advertise for people, you're in the wrong business--you belong in marketing.
  9. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

Great idea for a trailer not associated with the business. If a homeowner wanted to do this...ok. Trucking co. do this all the time. However, your trailer's space may be one of your greatest advertising assets...i wouldnt sell it. I would venture to guess that a well wrapped/lettered trailer would bring in more $ in business than you could get selling the space.
  10. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen tool companies here do it on the back of the trucks.

On the Nascar kick I am thinking about painting my work truck just like my race truck. All the way down to the numbers on the door and the companies on it just were they are on the race car. Its bright yellow and I figure it might just turn a few heads. Here is what the truck looks like for an idea of what the paint job would be.