1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Dormant Seeded-what now?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by wyoming lawn service, Apr 10, 2011.

1. wyoming lawn service

wyoming lawn service LawnSite Member

DUDE- don't chime in unless you know what YOUR talking about. Siduron is the same thing as tupersan. IT DOES NOT KILL GRASS SEEDLINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have put NOTHING down that will inhibit the growth of new grass seed. I think you need the education on pre-emergents not me. Here is a quote for you regarding siduron from Ohio State University.

"Siduron is the only herbicide that will provide control of the annual grass weeds but not injure or antagonize the development of the desirable seedling turfgrasses. Siduron may be applied at the time of seeding"

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/4000/4002.html

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Hahaha, nothing like a good misunderstanding to get everyone talking kr@pp...

I looked at the Ohio website, hoping they would say how it worked. They put down aproximate weed germination dates, in various areas of the state and it sounds about right, for most weeds... But it would be nice if they did a separate chart, just for CG... Pre-M for lawns are mostly for CG and it conflicts with Spring overseeding... But things are fine now anyways with the siduron and/or tupersan... No longer an issue, except for money...

3. JoJo1990

JoJo1990 LawnSite Member

This is why one can't just assume what someone put down.

Wyoming, you did fine. The Siduron you put down will not affect your grass seed but will prevent the crabgrass from germinating. Imprelis, as talked about earlier, will be effective up to the 2 tiller stage of post CG germination, should you decide to use that.

Stay on it and keep us posted. You may need touch up your bare spots here and there but they will fill in and you are headed in the right direction.

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

That is correct... never assume anything. Like the "barrier" created by pre-emergent herbicides. I don't assume it is a myth, I understand that it is a myth... :)

5. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

:hammerhead:

6. wyoming lawn service

wyoming lawn service LawnSite Member