Advice for the future...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I haven't been on lately with school and mowing. I'm finishing the year with about $2500 in savings. I want your guys' advice on what to do for next year. I want an enclosed trailer 5' X 8' or 5' X 10' so I can have my equipment locked up at all times and not have to unload every night. I will need to pay another 6 months of insurance (about $850 for 6 months) after mine runs out on January 19th. I will also be purchasing new tire in the spring, and would like to get a new push mower, maybe a honda HRX, and use my toro for back-up. I have a 1989 ford ranger I will be putting in the paper and 2 drumsets I will be selling also. I have a job on Saturdays that will pay my car payment and gas. I am also applying for a job at K-mart and will apply at others to work for the winter and early spring. How do you guys feel I should spend my money. How much should an enclosed trailer cost me. I plan on paying off my truck next year and then getting a ZTR. Thanks for any advice you guys have.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

my personal opinion is save your money and get a 6x12 open trailer instead. I know that you said you wanted to not have to unload things, but I say get the open, and unload/load everyday.