1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advice from the pros-opinion on the exmark 26

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Beaner, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Beaner

Beaner LawnSite Member

Good day lads. I'm relatively new to the business, second season just starting (part-time) and I have used only 21'sso far. All of my business is residential. I'm thinking of purchasing the exmark 26 and wonder what you guys thought of it. Second choice is Quick 36. Any opinions greatly appreciated.
  2. Beaner

Beaner LawnSite Member

Meant quick 32
  3. Cracker Station

Cracker Station LawnSite Member

fugetaboutit !!!!! The exmark that is. Go on and get the quick 32. You WILL thank me for it later!!!!
  4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

all these quick mowers are home owner specials. I have seen and repaired them first hand.

I would put the Exmark 26 up against it anyday.

Don't forget, many of the posts on here that are negative about the metro 26 are old when they were having issues. They have been updated and fine for some time now.
  5. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What's homeowner about them?
  6. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

I will probably add a Metro 26 sooner or later. Dealer promises all issues are fixed.
  7. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you seen these in person? I heard all this hype on them on here and I had a couple come in the shop and I can't believe people would use this commercially.

The deck engagement system rattled to now end on both machines. The whole deck construction and casters is not meant for commercial use.

Homeowner or occasional commercial at best.

Your dealer is right. Issues are straight on the 26
  8. Beaner

Beaner LawnSite Member

Interesting opinions. looks like a split though. Anyone else with a thought on these two machines?:dizzy:
  9. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, for one thing, I have bought 2 Quick 36's,( last years stock) and looking forward to them this season ( if the snow ever stops ) But the dealer did say that the company is thinking of not using dealers in Canada, but just run it as a Internet company. I hope that's not the case, as dealer support is very important to me. My exmark dealer won't even carry the 26, based on performance, and also the price in Canada. :canadaflag:
  10. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Dont hesitate on the exmark 26, they are very good mowers. Last company i worked for had two, and they are irreplaceable if you have something that has to be push mowed. They save a lot of time.