Advice needed on buying used Turf Tiger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newbomb, Feb 17, 2005.

1. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

My boss has 4 new JD 757's ordered. 2 arrived today.(so sweet). Any way he will have 4 turf tigers to sell. The rumor is they are usually sold for about $3500 each. The 2 at our location have 900 and 1100 hrs respectively. They are well maintained but are rentals. The point is they are surely abused. They are as I said maintained by qualified people. They are all 61" models with 25 hp Kohler engines. All run well and everything works. They need a little cosmetic work though.

I had hoped to pick one up to chase some larger work and stop walking. If I could get a year or maybe a little more out of one I could buy a new ztr and have work for it.

Any opinions? Price sound fair?

-Paul

2. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

I am surrounded by one acre and 2 acre estates. I have one tiger cub and I am looking at picking up a turf tiger from a homeowner looking to upgrade after 800hrs. I went ahead and did some marketing for customers quoting my prices should I get the extra equipment. Well people are signing up left and right so even if I don't buy this mower I will buy a new one if I have to.

Make sure you can use the equipment should you invest in it. Or at least be able to sell it without going in the hole.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

$3500 sounds fair for the 900 hour machine and maybe $3000 for the 1100 hour machine. That sounds pretty fair to me.