Advice needed

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ajordan193, Nov 9, 2005.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

Ok so i'm done with my first season in business. I just finished my bills and now i want to type up a letter letting them know that i am done for the season and i will be doing fall cleanups. What i am asking for is help with a letter to my customers saying thanks for a great season...fall cleanups...looking forward to doing business with you again next year...etc...along those lines. Also what is a good way of getting some fall clean up customers i have some that are fulled with leaves. Is it best to send them this letter and let them respond on their own or go talk to them in person and explain the fall cleanup and what is involved that way i get an answer right then and there.....

thanks sorry for the long post.
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Spunds like you answered your own Question....

All of that sounds Great to me
  3. ajordan193

from WNY

i might of answerd my own question but i am not good at writing a letter to a customer. thats what i am really having problems with here. Any suggestions or examples???
  4. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

didn't you "clean up" their lawn all through summer - isn't that what mowing and trimmer really is? Keeping their property looking nice.

That's what I don't get with all this fall cleaning up talk. Instead of writing a letter, either go to the door or call your present customers and mention the grass has slowed down but the leaves are now (about) falling and you'll keep them on your present schedule - until they let you know otherwise.

btw - it's same rate as I've been paid in for the "summer clean up".
  5. ajordan193

from WNY

Alright well thanks for the info about the fall cleanup what about a final letter to customers saying thanks for their business this season. What do you guys usually send out?
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

So far I never sent them anything... I keep going out there (or calling) touch base and kinda feel it all out, some want leaves done, others 'got it' themselves, some agree for next year others want to wait until spring to decide, whatever.

But the idea of sending them a NICE (*NOT* business related - NOTHING businessy about it ) christmas card just wishing them a merry one and happy new year has been fooling with my mind. Cost would come near 100 dollars for cards and envelopes, then 15-20 dollars for stamps and a few hours of time, well... I still dunno but it's an idea.
  7. ajordan193

from WNY

yeah the whole x-mas cards i'm going to do this year as well. Its a good idea that makes the customer feel like they are family more than a business client.