Advice: New To Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by E-TEXAS LAWN SERVICE, Oct 30, 2006.

1. E-TEXAS LAWN SERVICE

E-TEXAS LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Member

I Have Started My Own Lawn Business And Would Like To Ask For Any Advice To Get My Business Off The Ground. I Have A New Snapper 350z Mower, A New Cub Cadet 1045 Lawn Tractor. I Also Have My Trimmers And Blower. I Have A Ford 1 Ton Truck And 16ft Trailer. I Have Been Buying One Piece At A Time Till I Had My Equipment To Go To Work. I Plan To Start Next Spring.

2. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to have you aboard where are you at in E Texas? and if you play your cards right you can probably get some work mulching leaves really soon Goood luck and enjoy .Twj

3. E-TEXAS LAWN SERVICE

E-TEXAS LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Member

I Am In Center,tx. What Are Your Thoughts On My Equipment?

4. twj721

u not far form where we are located about 1.5 hrs if that long

5. twj721

sounds like a good selection and should do you well do not see any problem with it

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Everything looks fine but I have to wonder what you will use the lawn tractor for? Also what brand trimmers and blower did you get? That snapper will do you good and is a good mower to start out with. Just be warned that ZTR's are not good on hills. Dont want to see a new person to this business get hurt.

7. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

We're in Texas also. We have used equipment for sale,if you're interested.

Shindaiwa trimmers, edgers, blowers and also a Dixie Chopper

Send us you're email address if you're interested in more info or pics

8. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

I have some good friends from Center, Tx from when I went to SFA.....my Hort. Prof. Dr Creech (Creechs Peaches) is from Center but his peach bussiness is long plowed under

I have tossed a few lures on Pinkston too with a friend whos dad used to guide

Another friends family has their name still on the drug store in Center though they no longer own it (there is a funny story that goes with that) as my friend also has a street named after him too

good luck...If you have questions go to Dr. Mauer at SFA he is a pretty good turf guy and he was just here at Tech before going to SFA

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

He is from central TX:) Hills??

Looks to me that all your are missing now are accounts:waving:

10. VMcNeill

VMcNeill LawnSite Member

Parts of Central Texas are known as the hill country.