Advice on 34" ztr's!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Slugger, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Slugger

Slugger LawnSite Member

Which brands do you use or heard of being good?

2. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler is comming out with one this year i beleive

i know exmark is going to have one called the phazer

Gravleys 1434, many guys on here have one.

not sure if scag is going to have a 34 but i think they are going to have a 36??

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I have heard the gravley is okay do a search.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you can live with a 36" unit the Scag is very heavy duty but is pricey. We run the 48" version and like them a lot. Most of the other brands I see at our dealer are not built as well as Scag but they don't cost as much. The Gravely is widely used in our area but don't seem to be holding up well to heavy usage, but that is not surprising.

5. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

going with something that small why wouldnt u just buy a wb and save a couple bucks...

6. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Why walk all day when u can Ride

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The commercial Gravely 34" ZTR, is the 34Z, not the 1434.
    We have sold a bunch, and they are holding up great for the commercial guys. The early models, in the first year, had a combined choke/throttle control that caused some problems, but Gravely came out with a kit to convert to two individual control levers. That solved the problem, and is covered by warranty.

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Is it on the web i have never saw 1, local dealer here has a 1434 i think man it has a price like 2 grand.

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

It should be on the Gravely website. The 34Z is one tough little machine. Super heavy duty construction throughout. Great choice for tight access, (gated) yards. It is narrow, so it will not work well on hillsides. This is a great flatland machine, but not designed to handle slopes.
    All the little, narrow, 34"/36" machines have a problem with hillsides due to there narrow track.

10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I've heard nothing but positive comments about the Gravely 34Z from those that have one. Exmark, Hustler, Scag, Dixie Chopper, Encore, Dixon, and Wright also have 34" or 36" mowers. Cub Commerical has the 48" Z that the deck folds up to make it 36" wide to fit through gates.