Advice on aerators...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by born again, Jun 20, 2010.

1. born again

born again LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a good plug aerator in the market. I know with a little advice i could save some time.

Thank you much.

2. CheapScapesNC

CheapScapesNC LawnSite Member

Claussen split drive or Ryan Lawn Aire V

3. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

if you can afford it...

get a stand on aerator.

aerating kicks your butt.

4. born again

born again LawnSite Member

What brand?

5. aeration

aeration LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have a Lawn Solutions Ride On and Walk Behind. They are great. I've used Ryan, Bluebird, and Billy Goat. The LS aerators (even the walk behind) put the others to shame.

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Turfco Turnaer 4 and I love it. Very expensive!!! payup Blue Bird it good to.

7. blaryslawn

blaryslawn LawnSite Member

classen is soooo heavy... i like ryan

8. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I don't know why every one complains that the classens are heavy, the split drive make it a nice feature my vote gose for the classen ta25.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. blaryslawn

blaryslawn LawnSite Member

its because they are heavy... a ta25 weighs 370 where the equivalent size Ryan is 200.... added weights 244 and 280 with weights and water in drum... Not knocking classen, but they are definately heavy and if you're gonna be humpin' it around all day, I'd go with the lighter one... jmo

10. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

ok so there is a small difference but when it comes to it i rather be able to turn with the tines down then at the end of each row have to stop pick up the tines and turn then reset the tines. so for weight the ta 25 at 370 or the ryan at 330 i would go for the classen any day.