1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

advice on bumpy lawn

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by TDL4101, Mar 16, 2004.

1. TDL4101

TDL4101 LawnSite Member

I am looking for some advice on what to do with a VERY bumpy lawn. Is this something that rolling it out will take care or is there something else that I should look at doing to it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. blaze347

blaze347 LawnSite Member

I am by far an expert, but doing research on this in the past(my old lawn had this problem) almost everything I read said to avoid heavy rolling your lawn because it compacts the soil and this can lead to problems maintaining a healthly lawn. I brought in topsoil and "leveled" out the yard. Afterwards, to make sure I had everything filled in I rolled it with a light EMPTY roller.

There are several ways to level the dirt depending on how big your lot is, and these guys can help you with this more than I can. I hope this helps!
  3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

the only way to get rid of extreme bumps and dips is to fill them in, i'd just start over. sod cut your lawn bring in dirt and have your yard regraded.
  4. TDL4101

TDL4101 LawnSite Member

thanks for the advice, i was afraid it might have to come to something like that, but was hoping I could get away without having to redo the whole lawn! ah, well...such is life :)