Advice on Compost Spreader

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by replenish&subdue, Jan 8, 2009.

1. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

well phill went nuts and filled the thing till it was heaped over and looked ready to burst and then ran some hill. that thing is far out. he put almost a whole yard on it, maybe 3/4+++ some...........

tom I sent some worm casts south for ya.........

2. TF PLUS

TF PLUS LawnSite Member

TG1,

Got ya, thank you, via Eco-Spread=Express

3. treegal1

ok so some pics...................

656577-R1-E025_025.jpg

656577-R1-E017_017.jpg

656577-R1-E012_012.jpg

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

wow it fit in a mini van

5. treegal1

with a bike and a wad of other gear to. and then he was nice to ship some casts south for me, in the van also....

6. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member

Here is how we do it. This is a little small for athletic fields but great for lawns 10 M to 1+ acres.

Holds 1 cubic yard with the extension. We probably spread 600+ cubic yards this Sept through January.
    [​IMG]

7. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

8. TF PLUS

TF PLUS LawnSite Member

The Commander in Chief from Eco Lawn Applicator was here today to adjust my applicator.

We are going to up-grade the conveyor belt to ribbed, switch out to improved agitator and a use a larger pulley to bring it up to date, 09 standards.
    My machine was built in late 07 then sold in 08.

The compost we tried he said, was dry with little sand, which caused bridging in my machine but with his machine, it was a slight issue. The product needed to be screened more and better finished.

Daniel stands behind his machine and he didn't leave here until he was satisfied with the improvements to be made.

So far, I would recommend the machine. I will up date this report after the up grades are done. Parts should be here within two weeks.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Thats good to hear

10. The Bull spreader will not handle any material with chunkies.....and the material must be more or less dry. It is a drop spreader. It looks like a well made machine which you can use for dehydrated materials.

I guess I'm biased, but the Eco-Lawn handles the broadest range of different materials. After spending many hours operating one (and selling many), I believe that it's the best spreader for it's versatility and cost (and ease of use).

The maueuverability 'off road' and in back yard situations is where the Eco-Lawn shines.