Advice on Compost Spreader

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by replenish&subdue, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Jason, there are variables involved here, but one person can spread 40+ yards in one day if you have a loader.

2. Yes, the new run of machines will have the textured (ribbed) conveyor and an improved agitator/fluffer. I had one of these machines (but honestly did not try it) for a few days before delivering it to a customer. I like the improvements.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

DO YOU have any pics of the new belt and such?

4. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

yes, got to go pay some bills and such, but then I will post some pics............

5. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

OK BILLS SHOULD BE PAID BY NOW
    :confused:

6. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Demo'd the machine yesterday, but forgot to take pics. It's a cool machine that will definitely save you a lot of back pain and labor time. I did ask about the new belt and agitator and Daniel pointed those out to me. We had some sewage sludge worm castings that are on the chunky side and those spread great, but I'm bummed we didn't have chunky compost or wood chips to run through there.

If you have a lot of top dressing to do, I recommend the machine.

7. treegal1

dusty I spend weekends at the farm, oh and I am bone head and don't have a belt pic, some how......

8. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

Thats cool tree

9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Matt,

Have you tested the Earth & Turf self propelled for comparison? Mine works great & spreads fine compost & chunky stuff equally well. I know some don't like the fact that it's a drop spreader, but I find it very efficient and since it holds more material once the sides are built up, that means less trips back to the truck to fill up.

At my age, I wouldn't be able to offer topdressing service without a top dresser of any brand. Yeah, I still work in the field. :)

10. treegal1

I demo-ed it last fall, good machine, but more walking. if most of my yards where smaller I may have gone that way....