Advice on Dealer and Cost

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shawn123, Jul 13, 2008.

1. shawn123

shawn123 LawnSite Member

I live in wichita,ks and here are the two Walker dealer:

Jim's Tire & Auto

Carl W Witte
    Maximum Outdoor Power Equipment

Has anyone has any positive or negative with these two dealers?

Next question:

MT 26(EFI) with a 36 in deck and 13 in wheel for $10,195. Is this a good price?

I orginially was looking at the 31 hp with the 36 in deck and they dealer told me I am better off getting a 25 or 26, 36hp will be too much. I am planning to use this just for my lawn, I love the look of what a regular 21in mower with bagging, but it takes to long for my yard. I did own a john deere before, but got rid of it because it look terrible after I cut it.
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

You are going to spend $10,000 on a mower just for your own lawn?
  3. shawn123

shawn123 LawnSite Member

yes. I like the look of a lawn that is cut with a regular mower/bag, but like I was saying, its taking a longtime and so I was thinking that the walker will still give me the look but fraction of the time.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciate.

4. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

the 42 deck is supposed to give the best looking cut.
  5. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I run all Scags but I own 2 Walkers 1999 models that are used for leaves in the fall. If you want to bag 100% of the time, the Walker absolutley will give you a beautiful cut. They are somewhat high maintainence and your lawn should be pretty pristine.My dealer sells more 42" and I would recommend you go either with the 42 or the 48.They are all around $10,000 so your price looks good. Good luck.
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I am in FL, but witte outdoor power equipment is probably going to cater to the professional who will be back again and again. Jims tire and auto sounds like they do more than just mowers. Thats just my perception of the names. The one that is bigger is probably more concerned with commercial operators than some guy buying a mower once.