Advice on Landscape Fabric Use

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grasssin, Aug 27, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

I appreciate all the advice guys anyway!!!

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

The customer is NOT always right....

Sometimes you need to stick to your guns and simply say that you will not and cannot do something in good conciense (don't think I spelled that right).

Usually when you are that adamant about something and have it in writing by an outside source (county extension agent is a good place to look), they will see it your way; the right way.

Barring that, if you think you will loose the job, I might do it, but make d*mn sure to have your feelings in writing and have the client sign that they recieved a copy. Even if it's as trivial as fabric under mulch...

Dan

3. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Agree wholeheartedly that the customer is not always right. If you get this request again, you should make up an informational handout explaining why it's a bad idea and why you don't do that sort of work (reflects badly on your good name, etc..). Even worse is the underlayerment plastic that I encounter from time to time: it's essentially pondliner, and the clients wonder why the trees and shrubs are dying. Du-hhh - no rain, no nutrients, competition from adjacent tree roots - I could go on and on. Kate

4. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

You need to research fabric use,most of us have and agree on not using it.

If you believe in what you are saying it will be much eaiser to convince the client.

The client often will have alot of questions if you don't sell yourself or your project like you believe it.

The customer is not always right,but they all have an opinion,make yours
    the best one.

Your reputation is worth the research.

5. LawnGrassHoppers

LawnGrassHoppers LawnSite Member

how much would it cost to put down 1000 square feet of the landscape fabric including the fabric. :help: