Advice on lighting Cherry Trees

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by ALLPro Landscaping, Nov 24, 2009.

1. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a very good customer of mine who I has been using my lawn services for the past 5 years, they just asked us to do their holiday lighting, I have done homes in the past, but never got to technical with the trees, whats the best way to hang lights one the attached cherry trees, most of the branches are intertwined in the middle due to lack of pruning, I was thinking of just wraping the branches with the string lights, also if you can give me some ideas on pricing that would be great too. I attached a few photos. Thanks

Cherry Trees 001.jpg

Cherry Trees 002.jpg

Cherry Trees 003.jpg

Cherry Trees 004.jpg

2. ALLPro Landscaping

can anybody help me with this??????

3. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

go with lighted ornaments

4. ALLPro Landscaping

do yo have an example, I am pretty new at this scope of work, the homeower has lighted stars but they are string lights with plastic stars on them, but they are only maybe 5 ft long, so i didnt think that would work

5. TheCleaningDoc

TheCleaningDoc LawnSite Member

6. ALLPro Landscaping

thats what I wanted to do, but how do you get all the smaller branches, does any one have a photo of something like this they have done, I need something to get me in the right direction

7. ALLPro Landscaping

anybody????????????????????

8. TheCleaningDoc

TheCleaningDoc LawnSite Member

9. ALLPro Landscaping

Ok I am assuming I should start from the ends in so nothing hanging, also since this is very time consuming should I charge by the hour instead of per foot, also any idea how many feet I may be using for both trees thanks alot

10. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I would tightwrap them with all branches at first, then pick a few and take those up higher and further. It is a bit of a skill to learn on your first few trees. make sure you space your wraps at least 1.5 inches apart, as tightwrapping will eat your light count in a hurry. I would not even think of doing those trees for less than 2500 mini-lights and around 500 bucks plus each 1st year cost. tighwrapping is time consuming and when a bulb gets loose or broken it always requires a service call.