Advice on money collection

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by scagdude, Jan 22, 2009.

1. scagdude

scagdude LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

im only 14 yrs old and at this point i collect weekly cash from my customers. is it worth it to get into the monthly billing stuff at my age or should i just keep it the way it is and collect weekly cash. i only have 6 accts so keep that in mind. thanks in advance

2. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

just keep it the way it is for now....why do you have so many mowers and just 6 accounts? lol sell one and pocket the $$$$.

3. scagdude

from Texas

i have so many mowers because i got a great deal on them and i am hoping to grow. i think it would be best to keep it the way it is also. i had 6 last year and already have three more set up for this year.

4. paradise32258

paradise32258 LawnSite Member

keep up the good work and it will all come to you.. ide also suggest to keep your collections the way you have it .. 14 yrs old you need cash not checks..lol. good work little man

5. take the cash... stay away from checks. find a safe place and save the cash. but when you get going in the big league, watch out with what you do with that cash. Uncle sam gets angry about we who pocket those under the table funds. keep it up man, God Bless you and your future

6. scagdude

from Texas

Thanks everyone. God Bless all of you

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Same advice here...keep it the way it is for now. When you come of age then just get legit and start doing things by the books. But for now just keep making money. payup Keep up the good work, be careful, and keep up with your schoolwork.