advice on my contract

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JasonPC, Apr 27, 2004.

1. JasonPC

JasonPC LawnSite Member

Hi, all. I own a landscape design and maintenance company in the Northeast. We have a 6 six person operation. So we're not big but not too tiny either. Anyhow, I have recently hired a veteran irrigation guy. He works for another very large company in the area and he's moonlighting with us. So this is our first go at irrigation. I've drawn up a sample contract and would love it if you could take a look at it and give me some feedback on what it's missing, etc. I'd love it if someone would share their contract with me. Thanks!

An eight zone lawn irrigation system will be installed at the residence of John Doe at 123 Somewhere St, Anywhere, US. The irrigation system will include a backflow, rain gauge and will be controlled by a Hunter Pro C controller.

The client understands that lawn damage may occur. Minimal lawn damage incurred will be repaired (via seeding) by Contractor. Any major lawn damage that occurs due to unforeseen circumstances such as rocks and/or roots removed from the ground, can be repaired by Contractor, if requested by client, at an additional charge.

During installation, there could be disturbance or removal necessary of unseen rocks, roots, etc. This may require additional materials (ie. Fill) and labor to be returned to original condition or acceptable condition to be negotiated as needed.

Work is guaranteed by Contractor for one year. Parts are warranteed by manufacturer as stated by manufacturerÂ’s warranty on each part. Should any part or parts fail, repairs required due to warranty problems are negotiable. Any labor necessary to repair a parts or warranty problem by Contractor will be subject to a fee charged directly to you.

Winterization and Start up in the Spring of the irrigation system will be necessary each year. Winterization will be provided to you at no cost during the Fall of 2004. Startup in the Spring of 2005 and any or all subsequent services necessary to maintain or repair your system will be subject to a fee.

An informal sketch of the locations of the zones and heads in the irrigation system will be provided upon completion of the installation. Instruction about how to use the system and the controller will be provided at this time.
  2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Jay , your contract only touches the surface, sharing a contract is a big thing to ask , I paid an attorney to look over my contract and make recommendations. I would suggest that you sit down and spend 6 to 8 hours and draft an agreement covering all possibilities and stating exactly what you will do , then have a professional structure the agreement so it is legal .
  3. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! are you telling a story or submitting a business contract?

drop me a line @ 845-721-5055.