advice on new website, be gentle

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by MStine315, Jan 27, 2006.

1. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Put a website together and I'm ready (I think) for some opinions. Any advice is appreciated, such as the overall look, technical jargon such as speed, links, etc. I will be adding pictures as we get snow and when spring is here. Thanks, Marc

2. MStine315

I know you can get to it from my signature, but this might help! www.stinelawn.com ...sorry

3. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Good site, I would highly recommend dropping the part about you being 18. I was landscaping when I was your age , not too long ago and you will find that people think they can get a "deal" since you are young. This is something t you dont want, since your running a real buisness, not just some kid with a lawnmower and some tools. The website looks good.

4. MStine315

Maybe I should reword it but my implication was that I have 18 years experience. Oh to 18 again, though! Thanks for the compliment, too.

5. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

Firefox
    Doesn't render the page correctly

Grass Cake

ScreenHunter_1.jpg

6. MStine315

I'm a rookie web builder, and barely computer literate so bear with me. Is this what my page looks like when you open it? I'm glad I posted this because I haven't started adding the address to marketing materials, decals, etc... I want to work out the kinks first. I had a couple friends look at it, but this is the first problem I've run into. Thanks for the head's up. Marc

7. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

Yes...I use Mozillas browser(firefox)

That was a screen capture of how it looked to me.

Grass Cake

8. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

You need some pics of your work. If you have been in the bus for 18 years surely you have some work of your own you can post? BTW I really think its kind of qwirky putting up pics of your equipment. Not too many customers care about the equipment....just the end result.

9. MStine315

Thanks guys. I know the thing about the pictures, but I just got a digital camera and am waiting until we get more snow or spring (whichever comes first!). The pictures on there now are just "starter pictures" to give the sight a better look. Maybe I'll take out the pictures until spring. I wasn't sure about the equipment, I thought maybe people would look at me being more professional or "high tech" if they saw the turf tracker, but then again, that's why I wanted your guys point of veiw. Thanks for the input. I'll talk to one of my "techie" buddies about firefox. Thanks again-Marc