1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advice on Snapper Pro S50XT as my first ZTR mower for my yard and a side business

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Nikodemus, Sep 5, 2012.

1. antv20

antv20 LawnSite Member

Glad I could help. I was really tempted to pull the trigger on the 150SXT today. Still thinking about it.
  2. LawnPro88

LawnPro88 LawnSite Member

How's the cut, and does your's have the ICD deck?
  3. Nikodemus

Nikodemus LawnSite Member

The cut seems very nice so far, but I've not really truly tested it out. I did notice a big difference in blade speed...man that thing slings the grass and anything else in its path a long ways out. It does have the ICD deck on it. Seems to be a very nice deck from my limited experience, mine already has a scuff spot unfortunately....mistake while trying to trim. Didn't notice the stripe kit being overly effective, but I may not know what to do with it. Also I wonder if washout ports would be a nice addition...
  4. Popeye77

Popeye77 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I've got the 36" S50x. Very happy with mine. Only got about 30 hrs on it though. I think you'll like it
  5. Nikodemus

Nikodemus LawnSite Member

I am enjoying it for sure, grass won't grow quick enough for once. Definitely the first time I've been excited about cutting grass. Still haven't quite gotten used to making the hard turns without tearing up the lawn. Been doing 3 point turns instead. Now I'm looking into a weedeater...
  6. Popeye77

Popeye77 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I think if i bought another weedeater it would probably be a Shindaiwa or a Red Maxx. Probably Red Maxx. Just bought Stihl FS90R. Takes too many pulls on the rope and heavy.
  7. Tennesseepowerstroke

Tennesseepowerstroke LawnSite Senior Member

How has the Snapper held up and how pleased with it are you.
  8. boiko

boiko LawnSite Member

Also, don't forget about Kubota...

9. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I would love to hear from anyone that has had experience with the Snapper s50xt. Any information you can share would be great. I do a lot of yards that won't fit bigger than a 36. It's likely between this mower and the Exmark Vantage.