advice on these mowers please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Surferbum21, May 18, 2007.

1. Surferbum21

Surferbum21 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW OKC

I am currently watching two mowers on eBay as I would rather find a used mower than pay a bunch for a new one. Any advice or input would be appreciated especially from people who know about them or have used them. Thanks guys

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRASSHOPPER-618...ryZ50377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-DEERE-777-...ryZ50374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was unsure if the John Deere is a commercial or not. My buddy has 2 grasshoppers and loves it so I was thinking of possibly going that route.

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends on what you want it for..

3. Surferbum21

from SW OKC

well I have 70 accounts that I tend to. I need it for about 5 larger lots (1-3 acres) and then I do a produce plant that is around (3-4 acres)

4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Will the 72 be too large on any of your accounts? If not, Id get the JD...Check with your local dealers, maybe they have used machines as well.

5. Surferbum21

from SW OKC

yea i've already checked. Is that JD a good mower? I know that Lowe's and HD sell some ZTR deere's and I hear that they aren't the same as the real Deere's. Guess they are really made for residentials or something. Is that one a commercial? And no it's not too big for the accounts I have.

6. Surferbum21

from SW OKC

Oh and I am going to go take a look at a 2004 Gravely 52" with a 23 hp Kawasaki engine and only 230 hours for $4100. any advice on this?

7. Surferbum21

from SW OKC

anyone? it's a 152Z. and how much should i offer

8. Surferbum21

from SW OKC

thanks a bunch. very informative