1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on this mower please.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WHIPPLE5.7, Aug 12, 2007.

1. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

I found a 1999 John Deere WB 36"(looks to be gear drive). Homeowner got it new, used from 1999-2003. It looks pretty clean. I can get it for around $600.
    I was looking to buy a new Quick 36 but if this thing would last me about 2 or3 years without much problems I would buy it. It has a Kohler Command 13. Has about 250 hours.

2. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

Nobody knows anything about these mowers?

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, for 600 bucks and a homeowner mower, why not???? It being a homeowner mower, it really shouldnt have been abused or anything of that sort. It will save you some $$$$ over buying new. Good luck!!

4. jwl5510

jwl5510 LawnSite Member

check to see if oil has been changed if so its a GOOD DEAL for 600.00 should not have seen to many hours

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the Quick ....hydro

6. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

Gear Drive Sucks! I hate using them. The presision control of hydro is so much better.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Except when it is a single hydro running across hills....then the belt drive is nice.

8. F Haney

F Haney LawnSite Member

Sounds like a good deal if it checks out mechanically. It has low hours, used by a homeowner who probably took care of it, and should last another 1000-1500 hours if cared for properly. Gear drive isn't as nice as hydro, but for 600 vs 3600, you can't go wrong . Good luck