Advice on this promotion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bilchak, Mar 25, 2001.

1. bilchak

bilchak LawnSite Member

A know the onwner of a very popular pizza place in town. It's not a chain place like Domino's etc., but his own store He offered to let me put my flyers on their pizza boxes for
    free. I want to run a promtion that will give people 2 large one item pizza for free when they sign up for our
    mowing service. The flyers will only be put on boxes
    that are going to areas selected by me.

We do not do contracts on residentials, so the offer will
    be like this: After the fifth cut we will provide
    the customer with a coupon for the free pizza. We win
    more accounts and my friend gets more business -- Although
    I'm paying for it.

Sound good?

Thanks.

2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

chak, if it sounds good to you then do it, you are the only 1 who has a say so in what direction you take your business.

3. bilchak

bilchak LawnSite Member

Yeah....I think it sounds good to me. This is a respected place that has a very good name in the community and I want
    my business associated with it.

We are trying to expand, and I think this is a great way
    to do it.

It's not cheap pizza either, so it's going to the houses
    I want to target, while it gets my flyer right in
    the door.

4. jjfehr

jjfehr LawnSite Member

this might be a better aproach if the pizza guy is up to it. Have punch cards made something like " buy 10 pizzas and get pampered with service from xxxx lawn care for one week of service" Along with this service deliver a pizza that they can enjoy while you take care of the lawn.(just to help then enjoy their spare time and realize that they could use your service) Just another idea that could work with some fine tuning. One question that I have is.... Is the pizza guy going to staple one of these to boxes to be delivered a zone that you specify, or to every pizza? I can see if you tell him what streets that you are targeting, but if you are opening yourself up to their delivery area, can you afford to drive that far.

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We have given coupons to clients that are good for One Free Mowing. These coupons are valid with three or more cuttings at regular price.

I think that you will find better results, if you drop your number of cuttings back to 3 or 4. I think that this shows a good faith effort on both parties.

Just my .02
    Kris