Advice on this Scag Tiger Cat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Mid-Ohio Scaper, May 5, 2014.

1. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper LawnSite Member

Hello there,

I'm a hardscape company owner and don't mow any grass except my own, which in turn means I know Jack & Sh*t about commercial mowers besides the fact that I hear Scag is a great mower. If the best option is to buy new I can do that, not a problem.
    I happened to stumble across this one for sale on craigslist. and thought, $2700 sounds better than $8000....
    It's got 1700hrs and I'm not really sure what the lifespan on these is.... and what to look for when looking at this.
    It's been used commercially, and being a business owner I know things on the job get beat up, so wanted to get the grass pros feedback.

Looking forward to your insight!
  2. pazzaneselawncare

pazzaneselawncare LawnSite Member

1700 hours is a sizable amount. It's best to go with something under 1000 hours, but if you look at it and have a mechanic or someone make sure the engine is good, then it might be worth it. Keep us updated!
  3. slc78

slc78 LawnSite Member

$2700 sounds like a great deal even with 1700 hours. If everything works fine I would buy it tonight if it was still there.
  4. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

5. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

6. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper LawnSite Member

Thanks for all of the info! I think I might just buy a new one....
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

That's what I ended up doing. Today I picked up a 2014 Tiger Cat 52" Kawi new from JD in Hilliard.