Advice on used Exmark 48" ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bltexas, Mar 7, 2003.

1. bltexas

bltexas LawnSite Member
    from texas

I have been looking to buy a commercial walk behind mower to mow 1 acre and have been following and researching everything on this website, but now I have found a used Exmark 48" Laser for sale. It has 1,600 hours and appears to be in decent shape, runs well, doesn't smoke or leak and can be bought for around 2,600 with new tires. Just looking for some advice if this is a decent deal, or if I should just stick with a walk behind. I will mow once a week and it should take me less than an hour so I would only be putting around 30 hours a year on one.
    The number of hours does concern me but it seems most on this website feel 2,000 is a decent lifespan and it can certainly go past that. Just trying to decide if this would be better than a used 48" walk behind for 1,000-1,500.
    Anything I should check specifically, hydros concern me, do they make any noises that are normal or abnormal.
    Thanks for any advice and thank to all the posters for all the info I have received from this forum.
    Bryan