1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advice on Walker mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buddhacj7, Sep 9, 2004.

1. buddhacj7

buddhacj7 LawnSite Member

I was curious if I should buy two Walker mowers, a 97 that does not run and
    99 that has electrical problems but runs for around $2000? Both have grass
    handling systems on them with 48'' decks 16hp and 20hp. Also where on the
    internet can I find replacement seats and parts for Walker commercial
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Replacement seats are at Northern tool and watch for the right bolt pattern If I remember right it 11.5 inches. Many of the parts can be found at Mow& More however many must be dealer only. The 16 and 20 are two different designs and all parts will not transfer.

The 1999 walker was a dog among dogs. I have a 25 GHS and it sits in the garage as a back up or special use mower. Never did handle right from day one, brand new. However for $ 2,000 if the gears and Hydros are in good shape you can't go wrong. Northern sells replacement engines for about $ 1,200. So if it is just tired replace the engine. I have had walker go into salt water canals and rebuilt them. They are still running fine.
  3. buddhacj7

buddhacj7 LawnSite Member

Would you consider selling it and if so how much$ The 25hp walker in your garage
  4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Sure, everything I own is for sale at the right price. However this Walker does not hold on hills like my other Walkers. It does still give an excellence cut on level ground. It also is a low hour machine because my guys don't like the way it operates. But it is in good shape.

After Hurricane Ivan hits this Monday and Tuesday call me if you are interested. 941-629-2687. I sure could use the money things are a mess here in Florida. Heck after Ivan Everything I own that is worth anything may be for sale. Ivan has all of Florida worried at this point. We don't know whether to um or go blind. STRESS is an understatement at this point. Bonnie only pee on me But Charley and Frances took their toll.