advice on wb (bradley)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutrite, Mar 1, 2005.

1. cutrite

cutrite LawnSite Member

I was in the business 6 years ago, and I'm getting back in.Back when Exmark Metro was $2100 and viking was $2700. The Bradley mower reminds me of the old Metro's.Didn't know if anyone has ever used one for commercial mowing?Local lawn dealer said mostly home owners.He also has a used 36" snapper w/bagger for 995$ . I was thinking of getting the bradley and the snapper to get in gates.That would be a little over 3000$ for 2 mowers. The next step up is the Metro for 2600$ and bagger for 299$.That's around 3000$ for one mower. Go easy on me this is my first thread.Hope everyone has a great year of business. :angel:
  2. tacraven

tacraven LawnSite Member

Buy a 36" metro and a $150 steel bag. Shop around and bargain the price down. Usually the prices in spring are inflated and can be talked down. The bradley would be a parts nightmare. Check ebay for one. Just look at the ones that are near new condition.
  3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

The Snapper Pro Gear Express is a great little mower. If it has the Kawi 12.5 engine on it, and adjustable deck, buy it. The factory bagger for those units is over 3 bills alone. Our Snappers were all new in 99-00, and were great solid machines. I'd try and get the price down a little depending on the year. I have seen the Bradleys at the local Toro dealer. I don't think it could handle the rigors of commercial cutting on a full time basis. Get the Snapper and buy a Metro and accelerator bagger as $$ permits. The Snapper would be a fine starter piece to make some $$ with, IMO...
  4. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

If money is an issue the Bradley would be a good choice..I know of a guy in town that bought 2 to do gated and small lawns (36" 15 HP) and he likes them.

There have been a lot of them sold in my area by 4 different commercial dealers. These dealers carry the Bradley as a price point and have had little to no problems with them..

Parts are not an issue either as the manufacturer/importer is in Illinois...

Just make sure that you go to a solid commercial dealer for support...Some dealers even put packages together with trimmers, blowers etc. to get you started....

Good luck!!
  5. cutrite

cutrite LawnSite Member

The snapper does have the 12.5 hp briggs and it was a homeowners not a commercial mower.How many guys just mow with a 36" mower? Can't be as fast as 48"?I do want to stay around 3000$ to start out.I have to buy a trailer also. :cool2:
  6. cutrite

cutrite LawnSite Member

Not including the trailer I know its around 1200$.
  7. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

A 36" is not as fast as a 48" but it is a very versatile machine..

I have had a 36" mower for years now to do smaller lawns and or gated areas...I think the Bradley mower has a 15 HP Kohler engine which is plenty of HP..Bradley also makes a 48" mower at a great might check it out...

Stay away from the Briggs IC in my opinion...

What dealer sells the Bradley in your area? Is he a commercial dealer?
  8. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

I know a guy here in the cincy area that may have one for sale. Bradly 17 hp 48" with jungle wheels. I think he wanted 1900 or around that. I think it has little to no hours like maybe 10.
    If interested let pm me and I will give you his number. I do not want to post his number over public forum.
  9. cutrite

cutrite LawnSite Member

Beltz lawn and garden in akron ohio and doc's in massillon ohio. Both are reputable dealers.Doc's is where I had purchased my previous equipment.Has a good service department. Puts his commercial guys first when broke down,I think he even lent me a mower years ago to finish my yards. :blob3:
  10. chevy1989

chevy1989 LawnSite Member

I have bradley I bought last year and have had great luck with it no problems at all!!!!!!
    It cut my mowing time in half.
    18 kohler pro command 48" deck :rolleyes: