1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Please

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Jim Thornton, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Jim Thornton

Jim Thornton LawnSite Member

P.J. I have a 52' super mini qith 433 hours. I have developed an oil leak that I caused. It is at the dealer - probably an engine gasket they say. Anyway, I am mowing 2.5 acres. Love my mini, but time is short, so am possibly looking for a husler with larger deck, but still durable. Price is not such an issue, but what is important is the best cut quality (i have golf course-like grass), deck width/speed (having extra time is very nice, lower weight maybe or wider tires (i want to avoid as much soill compaction as possible, and maybe even lights.

Your thoughts/recommendations please?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like the light weight full framed commercial X-One would be a good unit for you to consider.
    Its available in 48, 54 and 60 inch cut.

Pj

3. earthwise

earthwise LawnSite Member

I always got a beautiful cut from my 54" Fastrak. Just demo'd an X-One 54"; cut was nowhere near that of the Fastrak. And the Fastrak weighs only about 850#, whereas the X-One weighs over 1200# and mashes the grass down more w/ the tires.

BTW, I'm cutting St. Augustinegrass.

Good luck.