Advice Please...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Stars & Stripes Landscaping, Aug 10, 2013.

1. dllawson

dllawson LawnSite Member

If the homeowner is getting multiple quotes, you may have a hard time getting the job if you are marking up a subcontractors estimate. The fact that the homeowner has asked for a quote from your landscaper friend kind of kills that deal. Your friend will have to do what is in the best interest of his company.

However, it is a pretty sweet deal if he will pay you $15 an hour while he teaches you how to compete with him. You will not have to worry about losing money on the job, carrying the expenses, and/or messing up the homeowner’s drainage all because you don’t have any experience.

2. GOATMAN GEORGE

GOATMAN GEORGE LawnSite Member

pass on the job or ask your buddy (with LCO) if you can just stand around watching him manage the job and maybe collect a small finder's fee. But now it seems you have lost the "middle man" aspect of the situation anyway.

You are not qualified to do a job like this, sorry.

3. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

Yeah, he is discussing with his brother what would be the best interest, since we all know each other (from customer, to all 3 of us) and we would go from there. I know that I have know experience and I will be the first to admit it, that's one of the main reasons I've been reaching out to my friends who do know what their doing to see if they can help.

Hey, no hurt feelings here - I will be the first to admit that I'm not qualified.