advice welcome

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TriplePLandscaping, Jul 14, 2005.

1. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

my name is dan, and i co-own a company with my friend. Triple P Landscaping. we do everything from retaining walls to unilock to grasscutting and tree service. my dad owns a construction company so ive in this kind of stuff since i was ten. Our equipment is as follows:
    2002 Chevy 2500HD 4x4
    1998 Chevy 3500 Dumptruck
    12'x6.5' open trailer
    Stihl FS85 extreme straight trimmer
    Homelite bandit curved trimmer
    Ryobi curved trimmer
    Husquavarna 45BT Backpack blower
    Snapper 21" mower
    Craftsman 21 and mtd 21 mower
    33" craftsman walk behind

this is our second year as a company and would like some info from the pros on what direction we should be heading in. i would like to get more lawns as they are guaranteed income as opposed to the several retaining wall and unilock projects we have already completed. we have a 46" mtd riding mower(tractor) and am seriously interested in a zero turn and am looking at the exmark lazer hp w/52" deck. any and all advice is appreciated thank you.

2. GreenscapesofWestMichigan

GreenscapesofWestMichigan LawnSite Member

Hi,

Im not out to nock people or what they have. but the first thing i would do is get some better commercial equipment. what you have ime sure works good, but if you start getting more and more work you will have more and more problems. personal suggestion.....upgrade trimmers to either echo or tanaka, backpacks to redmax.....also i havent found anything yet that a 32 wb couldnt cut compared to a 21 push....spend a couple extra bucks there first and keep a pushmower for backup...that will get you moving a little faster. like i said y suggetionand as far as what equipment i said thats my choice to use, so pick and choose what every one else tells you to use, all have good point..for a rundown

2 72" exmark diesels
    2 54" exmark hydro wb
    3 32" bobcat wb

10 redmax eb8000
    12 tanaka trimers....all sizes

Erik Green

Owner Greenscapes of West Michigan

3. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Keep the fs85 also. Demo a lot of mowers unless your dealer only sells exmark and you are sure that dealer will provide the service you require.

4. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

i was out at some dealers today and am pretty much set to buy another stihl trimmer, the FS110R and the place also had a used gravely 250z, the 19 horse kawasaki w/50" deck for $4800, they had sold the machine new for 6700, it has 400 hours on it, the dealer said they sold it to a church for grounds care there and had never been used commercially. i was in the market for a 52 inch deck so im glad i found this one. any comments?