Advice??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by white1, Jul 10, 2008.

1. white1

white1 LawnSite Member

Yall tell me what you think. Im jsut starting out, so any constructive criticism is appreciated. Heres a yard I did today, gonna go back tomorrow and do the beds. The pic that looks like im holding myself, Im not. Was trying to get a good pic of the knee high grass. These are all taken from my phone so the quality isnt all that great, but maybe you can get the idea.

Before front
    [​IMG]

before back
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

after front
    [​IMG]

after back
    [​IMG]

I ended up cutting the back 3 times. Once with deck in the up position, once at the level I wanted, then once again in the up position to help disperse teh clippings. By far this is the tallest/thickest yard Ive had so far. Ive had taller, and thicker, but none this thick and tall

2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

If that was the final look in the last picture....It's not all that good...
    That concrete needs a lil' better edge.IMO...
    Hope you charged no less than $80 for that cut...if you did your bidding to cheap.
    BTW, I hate cutting lawns that overgrown. ;)

3. white1

white1 LawnSite Member

It sucked. I under bid it a little, only cause I had the one next door too, this was just an extra. Looking at that edge in the pic vs what it is, it looks like crap in the pic. Im not the greatest edger by a long shot, but it wasnt as bad as it looks in the pic. Wonder if that was before I blew it all off.

What would you recommend I do to make it look better? I was gonna throw the discharge cover on and run over the back once more, but she was happy with it, and I was worn out! (the neighbors yard wasnt any better, just smaller)

4. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

lol...dude, I dunno but it kinda looks like your holding yourself.

Don't be ashamed, I do it every chance I get.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Not too bad for how high it was. Edging does need touch up

6. brianhanson37

brianhanson37 LawnSite Member

Looks good! The pics are good quality too, what kind of phone do you have?

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe on a third cut... discharge the clippings in one direction and pick up.

8. white1

white1 LawnSite Member

Blackjack2 long story. iPhone takes better ones, and the blackjack1 is good too, but they dont swim well :hammerhead:

9. Phil G

Phil G LawnSite Senior Member

I figure you may have got a few ticks on your balls :rolleyes:
    Grass looks good. Give it time to recover. A few days for the lower grass to photosynthesize and it will green up nicely, maybe a Nitrogen feed?
    Keep it up. Phil :)

10. white1

white1 LawnSite Member

Im not liscensed to put anything down (yet) they are selling the house. I dont believe they are interested in spending any money on it. She wants me to do the beds "for as little money as possible". Ill offer to do them, but what it is what it is.:)